Last Updated: 29th of August, 2023
CloudGG is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (the “Privacy Act”).
This policy applies to people who use, may use, or are applying to use our services and explains how we collect, use, share and hold your personal information. Where you have accessed or been referred by other networks not owned or operated by CloudGG, the applicable terms and conditions imposed by those third parties apply.
We collect and hold data on prospective, current and past customers. Some of the information we collect includes:
|Product & Service Usage
|Technical & Device
|Marketing & Communication
|When Visiting Our Website
These lists are not all-inclusive. Sometimes we may need to collect additional information as part of a user authentication process, for example when you speak to one of our customer service representatives who needs to access your account.
We also collect information about other individuals, such as someone authorised to deal with your account. Before providing us with their information, it’s important for you to obtain their consent to us collecting and holding their personal information.
There are a few ways that we collect personal information.
You provide information to us such as:
- when you enter your personal details on our website, including user profile, request forms, surveys and competition entry forms;
- when you use or purchase products and services from us; or
- interacting with our customer service support by phone, email and social media.
- Web Analytics Cookies to understand anonymous and aggregated website behaviour such as how many visitors are using our websites, length of visit, where visitors are navigating, and what pages have been visited.
- Online Advertising Cookies to ensure our online advertising is more relevant to you and keep you from repeatedly seeing the same advertising from us.
The data collected from cookies is anonymous and is not matched to any identified individual. You can usually remove or block cookies and opt-out of interest-based tracking by using the settings in your web browser application or mobile device, however it may affect your ability to use and fully experience our website.
We may also collect information about you indirectly, including from:
- our employees, agents, contractors, re-sellers, or suppliers;
- business and commercial partners;
- your authorised representative(s);
- our equipment; and
- publicly available sources of information such as social media platforms.
In some situations, you may be able to deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym such as when making a general query via telephone or email. However, please keep in mind that it is not possible to acquire services under a pseudonym.
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes including enabling us to:
- verify your identity;
- assess whether you are eligible for our services;
- provide the products and services you require;
- assist with enquiries and provide customer support;
- manage your services, including billing and account management;
- identify breaches of our terms and conditions of services;
- assist with complaints and rectify faults;
- research and develop our products and services;
- improve business processes;
- communicate with you directly via email, phone, sms and by other means of communication;
- provide you with information about our services, products and special offers (and marketing those products to you unless you have requested us not to do so).
Sometimes, we may need to share your personal information to organisations outside CloudGG, for example, with:
- suppliers and contractors so we can supply the service to you;
- technicians we engage to resolve faults concerning your service;
- printers, mail distributors and couriers;
- specialist contractors for the purposes of research and development;
- other communication companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunications and information service providers;
- your authorised representative in the manner you have agreed to;
- your legal advisers, if requested by you to do so;
- a duly authorised government, regulatory authority or other organisation when we are required or specifically permitted by law to do so, or to resolve customer complaints or disputes;
- a specified recipient if a court order compels us to do so; and
- law enforcement agencies concerning the enforcement of criminal and other laws if we are compelled or required to do so.
- CloudGG is unlikely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the information we hold, some of these include:
- Verifying ID before personal information is disclosed to any person, including yourself;
- Storing information on controlled systems, secured against unauthorised access;
- Limiting access so that only users that require access to personal information to perform their duties can access it;
- Retaining logs of the access and modification of information;
- Encryption of data in storage and during transit; and
- Staff training with the requirement to sign acknowledgements of their obligations in relation to confidentiality and appropriate use of our IT systems.
If your contact details have changed, it’s important to let us know. Otherwise, we may not be able to contact you with important information relating to your service. You can update your contact details by logging into the CloudGG Portal, or by contacting us.
If you wish, you can also request a copy of the information we have on file for you. We’ll need to verify your identity first and will also ask if there’s any particular information you’re after.
There is no charge for requesting a copy of the information we have on file for you. However, if fulfilling your request is particularly resource-intensive, an administrative fee may apply. We’ll let you know how much this will be and what it covers before proceeding.
If you do not wish to be contacted by SMS or email with marketing material about our events or products and services, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe option.
If you have any privacy queries or wish to make a complaint, you can contact our team by:
- Email to [email protected]
We will acknowledge your complaint, provide you with a unique reference number you can use to follow up, and give you an approximate time frame for a resolution. Although our goal is to resolve your complaint during your first contact with us, unfortunately this is not always possible as we may need to investigate the matter further. After investigation of your complaint is complete, we’ll be in touch with a resolution as soon as practicable.